Tuesday, April 14, 2009

EVENT OF THE DAY

Sue sent me and Fran this:
Have you seen this woman on the UK version of "American Idol"?
If not, check it out -- it's great.

YouTube - Susan Boyle - Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009

Middle aged, thickish looking, a woman emerged from the wings of the stage. She looked like someone who would undoubtedly get cruelly turned down. The three Idol judges were cringing as she walked out on the stage. Especially Simon.

She walked on confidently. Stood there. Then ... sang. Stood there, sang her song, her every gesture saying what Susan Boyle is.

Everyone was touched. floored, astounded. Moved by her singing.

Sue, Fran and I exchanged emails.

"Where does that come from?" said Sue.

I answered saying this to Sue, saying this to us:

"Watching Susan Boyle gives you a sense about yourself. I feel it and it comforts me -- that she who is verging on being over-the- hill, has emerged, shown us glory and grace.

"Hey guys, you know what I'm doing with a website and blog -- what I am suddenly trying very hard to do full-out and do well. Why not you? YOU doing something, taking on something, doing some deed that you've wanted to do, but haven't?

"Can you, can we, can I?"

No comments: