Wednesday, April 22, 2009

QUERIES & ANSWERS

DK ASKS:
"Should I break up with him? My parents don't approve. Mom says I'm limiting myself. Dad thinks he's a dropout because he's not planning to go to college. I really love him. I think about him all the time."

(DK said she's seventeen.)

"I'm going to be working part time helping a florist this summer, before I go to college in the fall. He's 20, a trainer, two nights a week, and all day Sundays. He loves to play tournament squash, loves to cook."


EM SAYS:
DK, the answer is in the question. You wouldn't be asking if you didn't already know the answer.

You said, "I think about him all the time." Think about YOU, and your plans, DK. If what your parents think is echoing louder than your thoughts about what's next for you, then he is limiting you.

No comments: