Saturday, February 25, 2012

(Video) AH, "NORTHERN EXPOSURE" DAYS


John and Emily find themselves remembering life on the West Coast when "Northern Exposure" was beginning to be filmed. He was commuting from Malibu where they lived in the sunshine, to a long, skinny, not sunny guest house in Redmond. Washington.

It was a new life -- new friends, new recreations, as well as a lot of shopping to make the skinny house a home.

John arranged a first reading of Em's play, "Shattering Panes," using the Northern Exposure cast -- John Corbett playing the dog, Barry Corbin's wife playing Em's part and Janine Turner playing the cat.

The Cullums chuckle about John's character, "Holling the Bartender," who had a young, blonde, other wife (Cynthia Geary), and the headlines, interviews about Holling's private parts.

6 comments:

Kaye Francis said...

"vroom, vroom!" ~ read, watched & appreciated Ms. EM & JOHN CULLUM! Much love, I'm @grammakaye on twitter.

Anonymous said...

Fun blog today! Great memories with Northern Exposure episodes and your play Emily. kam

Maureen Jacobs said...

Love it. If I am ever in NYC, we ate doing dinner. My treat.

M

Ameer S. Washington said...

Oh my God. The whole under the sheets part is epic. The expressions on your face were priceless Em. I don't think you ever get enough of embarrassing John. That was fun to watch.

Carola said...

We still order that show from Netflix and watch it with delight. It was fun to hear about the personal details of your life in Redmond.

Mirpy said...

I LOVE this. And everything everything Northern Exposure. I made this loony tribute video to the show 2 weeks ago. Have gotten responses from Rob Morrow, Janine Turner, and Darren Burrows, but I haven't been able to get it to John. I am an avid fan of his. If any of you knows him, please pass this link on with my admiration :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhsyEXQB-iY