Monday, March 17, 2014

NANCY PELOSI - I I



I wrote about Nancy Pelosi in January of 2013. Before you read this blog, click -- take a peek, skim what I've said about her. 

I heard one of the TV prognosticators declaring that very little change can happen in the balance of Congress in the next election, November 2014. "We'll be in for another Republican Congress.

DOING NOTHING!   I yelled.  
 STOPPING OBAMA!
HOLDING UP THE COUNTRY!

Rat- tat tat, I repeated all the grievances that I have been storing up for many, many months.

No action on immigration, gun control, minimum wage. No extension of unemployment insurance. Congress will just push and shove all of it into the same old pile and pretend to negotiate -- grab a few more inches of helpful coverage from fixable healthcare glitches, demand a few more billion for the debt ceiling that gets larger because of they're not doing anything -- we'll keep on paying for the congressional freeze on anything that might help the President succeed in doing what he's trying to do for our country.

Oh my ... I am bone tired of thinking about this. I am tired of complaining.

I am just praying -- yes PRAYING -- "Please God and Nancy Pelosi, find a way to fund, promote the Democrats who are running for Congress and defeat the Republicans.

I pray louder. PLEASE DEAR GOD, GIVE US A CONGRESS THAT WILL WORK FOR AMERICA.

I'll say it again: PLEASE, PLEASE DEAR GOD, GIVE US A CONGRESS THAT WILL WORK FOR AMERICA.


7 comments:

Lane Aldridge said...

Were I God, I'd grant your prayer for sure.

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day, Em.

Carola said...

I think it may get worse before it gets better--we could lose the Senate.

Unknown said...

of the people by the people for the people, change begins not with those who have power but with us who give the power. we the people need to take our power and use it, not for the corporations not for the money class but for us all of us. We are the people

Unknown said...

The system is broke Em and America is now a country that does not serve itself well by NOT taking to the streets and peacefully demanding change. Seriously, America is about the only country in the world that will not march en masse to the steps of those "in power" and demand change for a better society. Until we in America get off our collectively lazy hineys and stand face to face with the Super-Pac enriched "representatives" and say "no more" to SO MANY things pork bellied down our throats, it really matters little which hamster is in the cage spinning the wheels. It is the "Super-Pacs" and their lobbyists that have control (no matter who is in office.) and both of which should be outlawed and run out of town, just as the snake oil salesmen of days gone by.

aquileana said...

Hello Emily...

Despite all the failures and things that don´t seem to go well, You are giving a sort of enlightening and hopeful message... I think it will get better and you´ll get a Congress that will work for the best interests of USA... Best wishes, Aquileana ツ

Dustspeck said...

I won't bother God with trivial prayers. I've learned that it's best to stay focused on life as it unfolds in front of and around that which I am and only to reach out across the great divide when I can't handle things all by my little old lonesome. That works best I think. Dustspeck