Thursday, September 16, 2010

DOG LOGIC

A friend of mine who loved my post about chickens --"Silkies" for pets, thinks I should have a dog or two. She sent me this, saying the dog will fit right in with you and your family.

DOG


LOGIC




The reason a dog has so many
friends is that
he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

-Anonymous


There is no psychiatrist in the world
like a puppy licking your face.

-Ben Williams



A dog is the only thing on earth
that loves you more than he loves himself.

-Josh Billings




Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like
never washed a dog.

- Franklin P. Jones




The average dog is a nicer person
than the average person.

-Andy Rooney




If your dog is fat,

you aren't getting enough exercise


-Unknown




My dog is worried about the economy
because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can.
that's almost $21.00 in dog money.

-Joe Weinstein




If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

-Mark Twain






Dogs are not our whole life,
but they make our lives whole.

-Roger Caras

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them. -Phil Pastoret






2 comments:

Maria Mackey Gunn said...

I love this Em, and feel the same way about cats and dogs - they make life immeasurably better (at least, they do mine). xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

If I didn't have a dog or cat...
I could walk barefoot in the yard in safety.
All surfaces, clothing, furniture and cars would be hair free.
My house would not be cornered off into sections by baby gates.
I would not have as many leaves inside my house as outside.
I would look forward to Spring or the rainy season instead of dreading mud season.
I would not look strangely at people who think having one dog or cat ties them down.
I would not have to answer the question "why do you have so many pets" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get. How empty my life would be.
Jane