Sunday, November 14, 2010

ORGANIC (video)


The Cullums talk about organic food. Is it better for you? Does it taste better?

In their early days as a couple, they couldn't afford the best meat, fruit, or vegetables.

They looked for bargains. Emily learned how to make great-tasting dinner dishes using chuck steak, or chicken thighs -- with nuts, raisins, apples, plus any vegetables that were on sale in the nearest store. And of course, there was rice with every meal.

Times have changed. But even now, John Cullum, who does most of the shopping, tends to buy what costs less.

They decide they will continue to buy what tastes best, and resolve to learn more. But both of them wonder if it's a resolve they can stick to.

1 comment:

Carola said...

I'm afraid I don't usually buy organic produce, even though I know I should. But the organic meat tastes so much better (at least the beef and pork) that I often spend more to buy that.