Friday, August 7, 2009

SHOUTING WAR


I can't believe it's happening! I can't watch it!

I turn off ALL bug ads, roaches, bed bugs, green germs ads! I'm getting a scared, childlike, helpless, frantic feeling, hearing the furious folks yelling, screaming, in town hall meetings!

I'm seeing EXTREME anti health care ads on TV -- creepy REVOLTING comments -- what do I do, close my ears? ANNIHILATE them with RAID? .

Is there really, right here in the U.S., a mob of extremists creating this?

Are the protesters being paid by lobbying groups?

Are the big Health Care Providers pouring money into the war, hiring people to shout down Congressmen?

Is there anything good, hopeful, interesting, affirmative about what's going on?

I'm reading, looking, checking, Googling.

I clicked -- found myself on OPERATION EMBARRASS YOUR CONGRESSMAN.

Then the FREEDOM WORKERS home page. Are they the guys who've been orchestrating the ambushing of key town hall meetings?

What about one of the many K STREET lobbyists? Or TPM? ( Tea Party Muckrakers?) What about the members of the RIGHT WING WATCH website. or SOURCE WATCH?

These groups are celebrating, listing the following events as VICTORIES:

ROSS, SNYDER MEET ANGRY CROWD IN ARKANSAS TOWN HALL!

TOWN HALL AT SENIOR CENTER DISRUPTED OVER THE WEEKEND!

GOP JOKES -- "DEM ALMOST GOT LYNCHED."

DEM CONGRESSMAN --"MY LIFE HAS BEEN THREATENED OVER HEALTH CARE BILL!"

D-CA, MIKE THOMPSON SHOUTED DOWN WITH "THIS IS AMERICA --WHAT'S WRONG WITH PROFIT?"

Okay, so what's Obama's Deal With PhRMA? (The initials stand for The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America -- I don't know what the deal actually is, or why he made the deal., but I support the man we elected, who proves, time and again, that he can be trusted.

What do I do? Read more, listen more, write my Congressman? If you read this and have any ideas, any advice, any way you are handling this uncivil civil war, SOS --please, tell me, contact me, hurry -- let me know!

1 comment:

Carola said...

Yes it's really awful. I'm hoping there will be a backlash against it. The best thing you can do is call your congressman's office (however liberal and pro-health care that congressperson may be) and register your's and JC's support for health care reform - you don't have to get specific. They appreciate the support even if they already are on your side--and they need the support. Also, your Senators. Then tell everyone you know and that you feel comfortable about approaching to do the same with their congressmen. The congressional folks are getting tremendous negative pressure, and we need to speak up on the positive side.