Tuesday, November 29, 2011

DISILLUSIONMENT



It is creeping in -- into our language, into our day-to-day feelings, into what we do for fun, and what we talk about seriously.

Do you trust the written word? I don't.

News reports? do you trust them? Are we being told everything?

No.

Is what we are being told shaded by the guy who's conveying the facts?

Definitely yes.

Do you trust authorities, experts, past presidents, authors, generals, statesmen, financial whiz guys, inventors (like Steven Jobs)?

No. I think they're conveying what they believe and what they want us to believe.

Do you trust banks, car manufacturers, and hey -- do you trust doctors?

Holy smoke, who do you trust?

The current White House? The President?

(I'm hearing mmms, and maybes, lots of I dunno's.

What about the food you buy? Canned goods? Johnson and Johnson products? Drugstore brands?

No, no, no.

Nothing can be trusted. There are thousands of hands that are involved and they can't all be washed, and they belong to bodies that are attached to brains of individuals,. and each individual who lives now, has the un-sureities, insecurities, doubts -- experiences that I've had that makes me unsure of everything I've mentioned thus far.

Golly, we weren't unsure -- we flew, we soared around when we elected Obama. But now, with the media spider spinning its web, telling us how to feel, what to feel, what not to feel, what's new, what's old, what's right and wrong, we are trapped. Because the media spiders themselves are disillusioned, trapped in the spider webbing of the advertisers, big spiders, who are trapped in the corporate communal web spun by groups of spiders -- giant mesh nets that are covering land, buildings. whole cities, whole states even.

The sense of feeling free, able, capable of standing on our own two feet has been squeezed, pressed down into a lump.

We've got a stuck Congress, a president who can't move, a lot of unreal hot air talk about taxes and debt ceiling and health care that make people who can't get jobs seem like ants, tiny living creatures worrying about survival underneath the giant mesh blanket that's laying on top of our daily world.

Hey hold on -- I am one person. Many "one" persons, single persons, are feeling what I'm feeling.

Like me they're sad about people not working and confused by the liars, cheaters, dissimulators, whose best seller book -- words, articles, on-camera opinions and misinformation -- are smack dab everywhere.

Okay , I'll name some good things.
[1] My books are going to be published.
[2] As I blogger, I have figured out better what I ought be writing about.
[3] Things that cross my mind that I am feeling and express, are things that others are feeling. Yes, it helps me if I say what's on my mind, and it helps them to hear that what they're feeling is also bothering me

So my disillusionment creates a unity, and in unity the illusion of beauty, good things, hopeful things becomes reality.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily: Great blog today! Yes, I agree with you on all the hype and disillusionment created to misinform us the consumer. Years ago, it seemed hardly anything causes cancer. Now, they say everything causes cancer. America is at a standstill and we are caught up in it-except for your blog....right on the nail Em! kam Kathleen Ann McGee

Carola said...

Although you have to be cautious and alert, I think it's crazy-making to be without trust all the time. I decide to trust the airline pilot, trust the restaurant, trust the grocery store, etc. Maybe I shouldn't but I wouldn't be able to do anything if I don't have some trust.

Ameer S. Washington said...

You hit the nail on the nose. I personally try not to live with worry. I like everyone else haven't figured out exactly what life is for or all about and sometimes I can't wait to die to find out if there is a great beyond, Heaven, the other side, the further, the astral plain or whatever you want to call it. At present I have no expectation of it, but would be disappointed if I just fell asleep and never woke up. But then again, if it's anything like sleep I wouldn't know what was going on unless dead people dream, and if so, how they do it once their brain deteriorates. I guessed in the most expressive way I can say is, civilization is "F$%C@ED UP" and all the things apart of it, except maybe a few cool people and the ones I love.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I hope for goodness, kindness, too, there's lots of excellence and 'good' but we don't always see it for the fog. What I look for is wise/and or educated, critical thinking, and rational people who are contributing to others in anyway that their talents and skill lead them. Dispelling the fear and paranoid feelings and replacing it with knowledge and purpose.
You 'rock' Emily, thanks for this blog. Love and hugs, Heather

Linda Phillips said...

I BELIEVE IN EM!!!!! and I believe in all that she does!!!!!!!!

Gennady said...

Hello, Emily,
first of all, thanks for letting my comments through.
I do comment rarely because, for example, Akismet, i.e. all Wordpress blogs, automatically dump them, so there is no point to waste time at all. And my comments are not available to blog owners at all (even in SPAM folder)

Thanks for tweeting me.
I want to answer here your tweet:
"Russian Friend, John Cullum and Em thank you for sending our ideas into your world"
since short answer by tweet could appear either rude, indulgent, haughty, unconditional or incomprehensible.

We, in Russian, and I believe other peoples in the east , do not need to be taught to mistrust media, written, proclaimed or spoken as well as to the art of reading between lines and to convey hidden information by Aesopian language.
We also re-check info from many sources, opinions and willing to understand the point of views of others.

The problem is rather vice versa, while living in the West, it was ubiquitous when people, even highly educated, shocked me by its inflexible opinions. They taught me indulgently about Russia, Russians, communism, communists, anarchism, democracy deeply inter-confusing of anarchy with anarchism and both with democracy, etc. while lacking basic knowledge of their definitions.

And when asked: "Where from do you know this", the answers were: "From History Channel", from news (and news in most small western countries are just dupes of US news or opinions by CNN)

I was really shoked to know that people in the West trust so much media, TV, frequently with so rudely fabricated plots and stories, that they were simply ridiculous for any insightful reader or watcher.
But not to a westerner, even highly educated one.
Not so much that they happened to believe a lie but they were absolutely unavailable to hear any other point of view.

I adore your drawings; even want to steal some for using as avatar.
Not under you or JC's names.
As a matter of fact, it is exceptional when I use my real name at all.
Do you mind?

Carl Watts said...

I believe the media makes the actual situation far worse than it really is. Though the government/banksters have created havoc!

I trust a great many people. I have thousands of friends on Twitter. A few follower I don't trust, I put on a watch list and block without hesitation. But I have far more good friends there.

I trust my family, all of them. I trust my personal friends, all of them.

People who I don't trust are not my friends.

You might read my article "New Civilization" http://www.carlwattsartist.com/New_Civilization.html

Have an #AwesomeTeam day!

Carl

grammakaye said...

GREAT blog posting EM! In fact it made me cry, just a few sweet tears of relief & release ~ the kind of job a few tears are made for.

From your words first comes the realization of "I" am not alone in all this followed by "we" are not alone in all this.

So in love, the unity you speak of, HOPE & what good actions we all can do each & every day, here's to OPTIMISM & thank you for writing this EM.

I'm @grammakaye on twitter.